1) wear a costume (even a plain sheet will work)... come on put some effort into it!
2) you must give candy at your house if you are trick-or-treating... if I can buy candy for your kid... you can buy it for mine! Or go to the mall if you don't even want to try
3) parents costumes must cover/conceal their bodies, this is not the time to be wearing your sexy pirate costume you got for roll playing with the hubby. (scary I tell you!)
4) if you come to the house early, you get lots of candy, come late you only get one piece... not only is the candy running out, but who doesn't give out the crap stuff first and save the good kinds for the end just in case there are leftovers!
5) don't stick you hand in the candy bucket, you're likely to not get anything
6) don't tell me what kind of candy you want... I can almost guarantee you won't get that kind from me (bartering is allowed though)
7) don't complain about what you got right in front of me, I'll come down to driveway and take it back, (don't you know you are supposed to say thank you and then complain as you walk away?).
8) don't ring the doorbell after the lights are off and then complain when we answer and tell you the candy is gone (even if it isn't)
9) dragging your toddler around the neighborhood after their bedtime will result in tears, so why are you shocked that we did NOT do that with Blake?