Welcome to the Holiday edition of 25 Things About Me. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Then change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? gift bags, but Santa doesn't wrap
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, who wants the hassle of pine needles everywhere?
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to get it up the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but it hasn't happened exactly that way the last few years... so the week after Turkey day is the goal
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day typically
5. Do you like eggnog? No! Yuck!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? hmmm probably my record player
7. Hardest person to buy for? anyone over the age of 10
8. Easiest person to buy for? anyone under the age of 10
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it was one my mom made for my CCD class when I was in the 1st grade
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmm too many to name, remember I was a teacher!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story! (Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start thinking about it in October or so
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yeppers!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white ones
17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we are staying home, it's the first year we aren't traveling to Richard's family for Christmas
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid Donder and Blitzen... oh yeah and Rudolph ... to the top of the porch to the top of the wall... now dash away dash away dash away all
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? All on Christmas morning. before we had kids Richard and I did our gifts Christmas eve, but now all the gifts come from Santa so it will be Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? trying to please everyone
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? I have all the ornaments my parents got me over the years, they were given to me when I moved out of the house. I have a lot of angels and bells on my tree from my childhood (I've started this with my boys too... I buy them each at least one ornament a year and when they have their own place I'll give them each a box with all their ornaments in it)
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Roast
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Richard and I are not getting each other gifts again instead we booked a night at a Disney hotel... this is the best gift we can give each other
If you do this be sure to leave a comment so we can all stop by and check out your list.