Christmas in Florida (part 3)

A few weeks ago Richard and I took the boys to a winter celebration / craft fair. They have "crafters" (yeah they were not good crafters but they were crafters), Santa, Christmas trees, sleigh rides, bounce houses and other kid areas... and then they had this:

Photobucket

What is that you ask?? It is sledding Florida style! It was a tractor trailer that is slanted and covered with "snow" (ok it's really chopped ice but still). They then had a snow tube that they were throwing up for the people to ride down. I kid you not... there was a line that had to be over 100 people long waiting to ride down this ONCE! Oh and they had a cordonded off area where they had "snow" to play in. I had to laugh. I totally said to Richard... I have to blog about this! In the past they've had an ice skating rink that was plastic ice... I didn't realize they had plastic ice until I moved to FL!

Here are a few pics of us with the boys from that night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That is funny! It is currently snowing here...shall i box it up and send you some? The ice and sleet will come later. I'll throw some of that in too!
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a really neat idea. You sure would fly fast down a hill of ice. I have no clue where to take Jacob sledding but I have go to find a way!

    Your pictures look great under the tree. Such cute lil boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plastic Ice?!? Seriously? I would like to see that. We are having 2 inches of snow and ice right now. Hey maybe it'll get me a 2 hr. delay from school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take plastic ice over this real stuff that is forming on the ground as I type. LOL
    That is very cool looking contraption they made. I can't believe that over 100 people were waiting in line. Just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of those ice rinks out here right now.

    Great family pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!