Uno Moo

Last night we got to play two games with the boys. We usually only have time to play one game. And, what it made it even better was Daddy was home to play games too. We played Thomas and Friend's Make a Match and then played two games of Uno Moo.

Photobucket

We have had this game since Christmas '09 and it tends to be a family favorite. As you can guess it is a precursor to playing Uno, which is a always a fun game for all ages.

In Uno Moo each player gets a haystack to hide their farm animals. When it is your turn you have to match either the animal or the color to the animal on the barn window. If you can't match, you can play a white farmer, which is the wild card. If you do not have a farmer then you draw a new animal out of the barn.

There is a skunk that is supposed to be a draw 2, but in our house it is treated just like the rest to keep the game moving and make it easier since Blake was just 3 when we started playing and at 2.5 yrs Colby would have a hard time getting the whole draw 2 thing, never mind not getting to play a piece.

This game has a lot of skills being taught such as colors and animal names. But there is a lot of deductive reasoning being used too. Which piece should I play to help me in my next move? Should I save my farmer or not? What color should I make my farmer? How can I prevent the next person from playing their last piece?

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I remember playing that beginning Uno game with the girls in the church nursery. They loved it.
    We love game night too, such great fun.
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good game! My kids love Cariboo! It teaches them colors, letters, and numbers. They love to play games, although my oldest is quite competitive (which he gets from his daddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun game here too...although I must admit we haven't played it in QUITE some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such cool games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet my boys would love that game!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!