Slow cooker stuffed peppers

Photobucket




Photobucket

Ok are you shocked that this isn't a desert?  You should be that's all I've given you for weeks.  I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine.  I'm always searching for new recipes, and a slow cooker one is great because it can cook while the day goes on.  This slow cooker recipe is for Stuffed Peppers.  I've been looking for a stuffed pepper recipe for a while now. 

Photobucket

I made this recipe exactly as stated in the recipe.  Yes, I know that is a shock for a cooked dish from me.  I wasn't sure how it was supposed to taste so I didn't know how to change it to make it more our style.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


These were... ummm ok.  They tasted like meatloaf stuck in a soggy pepper.  Richard and I actually both pulled all the filling out and treated it like it was meatloaf.    We both at 2 peppers so it's not like it didn't get eaten, but it was not stuffed peppers to me, just steamed meatloaf.

Photobucket

I plan to use the rest of the stuffing mix in my meatloaf I think it will give it more flavor and texture.  I'll probably still use crackers, but the mixture will be nice for a change.  I will continue the search for good slow cooker recipes as well as a stuffed pepper recipe that is simple and yummy


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how peppers in the slow cooker would turn out.....
    I made a great stuffed pepper recipe last week in the oven! I'm going to do a blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!