update on Mastitis

Well Colby went on a nursing binge so if the milk duct was clogged it isn't now! I felt better and better as the day went on... other than feeling bad for Blake because I nurse what felt like all day. I just hope that this binge doesn't make my body think it needs to produce more and then we have issues again in a few days.

I will still talk to my OB about it on Thursday. But, at least now that I'm not going from hot to cold, shaky and achy... I feel almost myself. As for being tired yeah well that could be due to lack of sleep!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so happy to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! It sounds like you definitely had mastisis and I hope you keep feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nursed MM for 14 months and I'm still nursing HJ (11 months). I have had clogged ducts several times....once mastisis. Here is something that helped me....I read about it somewhere. Try nursing in different positions. I was nursing in the same position every time...try laying beside the baby on the bed, the football hold, ANYTHING. Seriously, it will help. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a plugged duct once a few weeks ago. I did that nurse in different positions thing and it worked great! Hopefully yours is gone though and you won't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!