Pizza Bread

Photobucket

I love to try out new recipes no matter if they are ones I created in my head, ones I found on-line or in a cookbook. Over the years, I have tried recipes from a lot of chefs, one who seems to match my cooking style is Rachael Ray. As a mother, you've got to appreciate the concept of a 30 Minute Meal! Rachael Ray often says that her recipes are just methods. She encourages her viewers to take her recipes and make them their own. I "Lori-ize" almost everything I cook, tailoring the recipe to my families taste. I decided to combine these two ideas and what you see here is the result. Each week I'll create a meal based on a recipe and let you know what we thought. I will give you the original recipe and let you know how I "Lori-ized" it. Hope you enjoy Tasty Tuesday!

Photobucket
I decided to make homemade spaghetti sauce this weekend.  I was originally going to make my Italian Stoup and share that recipe with you, but ended up making sauce instead.  I decided that we needed homemade bread to go with the Italian dinner.  I decided to try Pizza Bread, a recipe I cut out of Taste of Home Quick Cooking.

Photobucket

The only alteration that I made to this recipe was to skip the mushrooms.  I did end up having to add a bit more water, but that is mentioned in the recipe.  I also added the meats and cheeses before I was supposed to cause, well life gets in the way. 


Photobucket


bread1


Photobucket

The bread on it's own was... ok.  It was decent when it was dipped in the spaghetti sauce. 


Photobucket

I don't think there will be a next time.  I'd rather keep trying and find a better recipe. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Interesting sounding for sure. I love pizza and bread but for some reason, I think you might be right...the combo just doesn't pop like some of your other recipes!!!

    Good luck on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to be able to take a recipe and find a way to improve on it or use what you have and make it work. But it does sound like it would have been delicious. I like home made bread of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good. Just think of it as a work in progress :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!