Step back and enjoy

Whenever my boys aren't feeling well, they are usually total grumps towards each other. I know the illness is coming when the fighting starts, when the attitudes kick in. This week has been soooo nice. They are both feeling so much better. They are acting like themselves again. We have kept busy each day, but they are enjoying each others company. I love to watch them play together. I love to see that they can be best friends and playmates. I have watched them play Monster Trucks, color, play trains, play Wii, and just laugh and run around crazy men. They love to chase each other, but I think the thing they like to do the most is make each other laugh. They like to act silly and make the other one laugh.

I love that they cheer each other on and get excited when the other one is working on or masters a new skill. Colby has begun going pee on the toilet from time to time. We aren't actively working on potty training, but put him on first thing in the morning and right before bed. Blake gets all excited when Colby pees on the toilet.

Colby loves to watch Blake play games and cheers him on when he is playing. Colby also likes to listen to Blake read and always wants to hear when Blake is reading a book to me.

I can only hope that they continue to enjoy each others company. They are so different in so many ways and I hope that they allows them to have different friends growing up, yet still enjoy spending time together. My guess is they will be best of friends/worst of enemies. You know what I mean? The I can beat the crap out of my brother but don't you dare try to cross them, because if you do you'll be dealing with me too.

I'm thankful for the love the my family has for each other. I'm thankful that I can spend this time with my boys and watch them grow and develop. I'm thankful that they are developing positive attitudes towards life and seem to on the right path. I'm thankful for a husband who wants to spend as much time with his sons as he can, although his job often makes that difficult. I'm thankful for this blog to use as a place to talk and vent about life. I'm also thankful for you my readers.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Brothers who play together are the best gift ever. My boys are the same, opposites yet the best of friends. I, too, hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im hoping i will see more as they get older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to cherish those moments when they are getting along. My girls are complete opposites which is a perfect recipe for fighting. The moments when they feel well and they get along are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 2 girls and its the same way. They love each other and want to be together most of the time. I often walk into their room in the morning and realize that they are sleeping in the same bed. Yet when they are tired or sick they snap and argue. Thankfully the happy moments out weight the negative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when my boys play nicely together. I hope they remain good friends when they are older too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, one thing I love about blogging is that some things are just common place. Like the two of us, are in similar points of life and I TOTALLY get the potty training thing and the older brother cheering him on and understanding that this is a big deal in your house right now. Seriously, where else would strangers be reading about that?
    Ha.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not any any rush for a second but I can't wait for Avery to have a sibling. Some of my fondest memories are with my sister. The bond siblings share is so special!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!