My helpers

Over the weekend, Richard found some time to make Colby's bookshelf. We decided to build it similar to Blake's, 4 cubes that can be bolted together. Yesterday I got to go out shopping by myself for a bit, a nice treat! In my travels I stopped off to pick up the paint for Colby's bookshelf. We were originally going to paint them yesterday, but decided it was later than we wanted to start that project.

Sooooo today I decided to be daring and let the boys help me paint without an extra set of adult hands around.

They had a great time and stayed in the garage with me the whole time painting away.

Things started off really well
Photobucket

Colby tried very hard to be neat
Photobucket

Blake was trying to be very precise
Photobucket

But the cleanness didn't last very long
Photobucket

I can say that none of the paint was put on their bodies on purpose, but a matter of moving around over the drips
Photobucket

I will have to go back and paint the bottom and the top of the inside of boxes and maybe touch up a bit more. But, all in all... they did a ton better than I expected (o:

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! Great to get everyone involved and the boys look like they really enjoyed themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave mommy!! lol! I am a bit of a perfectionist with that kind of painting project!! lol!! We have those cubes already attached in 3's... LOVE them! I could use them everywhere!! Happy New year!! and congrats on the 3 years blogging... (I just caught up with 3 posts!!) I am about it hit one year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! I love their smiles. You are very brave to let them paint....I'm not sure my control-freak self could go there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, you are very brave! But I am so impressed, they did awesome! Hope you share a pic of your project when it is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute all painted up!

    I am glad they did a good job. My guys would have been much more messy I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you let them help! They would remember these times for years and look at the pictures and smile. I need a bookshelf in my boys room bad! Maybe you should do a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta get a little paint on you when you paint. Love the last pic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!