Chicken enchilada Pasta

Photobucket


Photobucket

Richard and I are Tex-Mex fans.  We have some kind of Tex-Mex every week.  But, having tacos, fajatas, or such over and over can get old.  At least we can switch up the protein.  When I saw this recipe for Chicken Enchilada Pasta on Pinterest I pinned it. (Have you tried Pinterest yet?  You don't know what your missing and I'm not as obsessed with it as many)  Then a few weeks ago I decided it was time for a new main dish recipe!


CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 {4 oz.} can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
2 {10 oz.} cans green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream
Penne pasta

Optional toppings
Avocado
Green Onions
Black Olives
Tomatoes
Sour Cream

--Cook chicken, drain, and shred.  Meanwhile boil pasta according to package and chop the veggies. 
--Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes.  Add garlic and red pepper then cook for another 3-5 minutes. 
--Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, & enchilada sauces.  Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
--Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through.  Now toss in the sour cream, but whatever you do, DO NOT bring to a boil!  Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle.  Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
--Drain pasta, return to pot.  Pour sauce over pasta and mix well.  Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.

 Photobucket
I grilled 2 chicken breast, this way I could serve the boys the plain grilled chicken.  I also used one green and one orange pepper instead of red, cause that's what I had!  I did not use any of the optional toppings.  I used up the sour cream I had or I would have put that on mine. 

Photobucket
  Photobucket



Photobucket

This was really good. Richard was leery at first since he isn't a creamy fan.  But, we both enjoyed it.  I wished I had used hot enchilada sauce, but I couldn't get it where I picked up the ingredients.  I wished it had more of a kick.  I also think I would like less pasta and more chicken and veggies, but that's just me.


Photobucket

I will be making this again.  I will bump up the heat level.  Maybe, add in some jalapenos?  It would make a good dish to serve to company since it was Tex-Mex without knocking you off your seat, even if Richard and I prefer it that way (o:





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!