Creative Writing

Check out Teachers Pay Teachers for fun ideas created by teachers for teacher.  Here is a link to my creative writing kit for K, 1st or 2nd graders.

This fun kit has writing prompts for each month of the school year.  Each prompt has the start of a narrative writing project for your students.

August: The best book I read this summer was... I liked it because...
September:  My tree is called.... It is unique because
October: I've created the best candy bar ever!  You should try it because...
November: If I planned dinner tonight, I'd serve...
December: Now that I live in a snow globe, I can...
January: I lost my mitten in the.... My mitten is now home to...
February: I turned 100 today!  Do you remember the time I... 
March: If I could slide down a rainbow... 
April: If I could fly on a kite, I would go...
May: I planted a garden today.  This is what I did... 
June: When I entered the Sand Castle Contest, I won!  That's because I built...

These can be used in the classroom or could be sent home as family projects. The would then make great bulletin board projects (o:

 

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!