Journeys Kindergarten High Frequency Words

This year the school that my boys go to adopted a new reading series.  It is actually a newer version of the series I taught when I left teaching.  They adopted Houghton Mifflin's Journeys.  This series has 100 kindergarten sight words.  The county is requiring that the kindergartners learn 25 each quarter for mastery.

I offered to help the teachers by making them worksheets for each word.  You can find the kit Journeys Kindergarten Common Core High Frequency Words at my store on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I had the teachers use them before I posted them, and they really like them.  The teachers have used them in homework packets, as morning work, extra practice for struggling learners, and many other ways.

Each sheet has the student trace and copy the word.  They then unscramble a sentence at the bottom of the paper.  They cut the word out and glue it into the right order.  The children then copy the word onto their paper.  (This also review sentence writing:  capitalization, spacing, and punctuation)  The children then illustrate the sentence which shows understanding of what they wrote/read.

Words: about, after, all, am, an, and, are, as, at, away, back, be, because, big, boy, but, by, came, can, come, could, did, do, eat, find, for, from, get, girl, go, had, has, have, he, her, him, his, how, if, in, into, is, it, just, like, look, make, made, many, me, more, my, no, not, now, number, of, on, one, out, people, play, put, ran, read, said, sat, saw, see, she, sit, so, than, that, the, them, then, there, they, this, to, too, up, us, very, was, we, went, were, what, when, who, will, with, yes, you, your





Check out this kit if you teach kindergarten/ first grade.  I especially hope it helps your students master their high frequency words!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!