Finding my Groove

I am start to feel like I've found my groove.  I still haven't got a true grasp of what is next and where I'm going but I've found my groove as a teacher and that is a big part of being a good teacher.  I can look week to week where I need to go, but if I don't have a groove in the class, I can't get there.

I find myself a more playful teacher than when I left.  I can joke with the kids and then go on with what I need to teach.  I am enjoying the fact that I can say take out your whiteboard and let's do this instead of always having to have a paper pencil task to show learning.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the kids on the computers to do both the math and reading programs and not have them miss key learning.  This is especially difficult with my struggling learners who need more small group instruction to grasp basic concepts, but still need these computer programs to help them progress at their ability level.   How to fit it all in... well I'll figure that out.

Its sort of like trying to figure out how to get all my teaching things done and all the mommy things done all in the same time frame.  This weekend I didn't feel as hurried to get stuff done around the house.  I guess I'm starting to find my groove in all aspects of life... maybe
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!