sleep who needs sleep?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

But, I guess Blake doesn't think he does. The last two nights we have struggled to get Blake to settle down and go to sleep. On Saturday night, I thought it was because my in-laws were here for the night and he wanted to be out where the action was. (I actually had to go in after 9pm and rock with him to get him to settle down enough to sleep... I didn't have to do this with him as an infant!). Last night wasn't much better there was just less screaming. I don't get it!

Now today he went down for his nap at 11 as normal. At 11:30 I checked and he was sleeping so I jumped in the shower. At 12:00 I closed his door again and went to empty the dishwasher... and who do I hear... Blake opening his door to come out of his room. So, I bring him back in, read him a book and leave... needless to say he was NOT happy with me. OH well... you need sleep... and I need my alone time.

Colby has been asleep since 10:30 which is nice. He had been waking up only once at night, around 4am. Which wasn't bad... I was just staying up after his feeding and doing things around while the house was quiet. Last night he woke up at 2:27am to feed and again at 5:38am. No I shouldn't complain because I still got some decent sleep, but still!!!

soooo... can someone come convince my two guys that they need to figure this sleep thing out!

7 comments:

  1. once i get MY lil one to sleep thru the night i will pass it along.
    from one sleepy mom to another....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If wish I could help, but sadly I don't seem to have much success in this area myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Good luck! It only gets easier, right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwee... I wish I could help you out.. Hey, I'll say a little prayer that you get more sleep tonight!!Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleep fairy has definitely visited our house the last few days cause i've been practically having to wake my boys up. I hope it lasts. I'll try to send her your way next lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes. Bean goes through the no sleep phase. I hate it. It will pass. Somedays I swear he never sleeps then he makes up for it by sleeping in until 9:00! I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm overwhelmed with my 21 month old- who has been getting up during the night recently, and staying up for hours at a time. So, I can't even imagine what it's like with 2.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!