minty recipes!

Ok I'm a slacker... I didn't post about the brownies... SORRY! And then on top of that the pic I have is well... certainly not my best, but it gives you the idea... right?

Photobucket

I made a 9x13 pan of brownies (family size box) as directed. then cut the pan into quarters. I put 1 quarter on a plate and frosted it (vanilla frosting that I mixed in pure peppermint extract and green food coloring) then sprinkled it with crushed candy canes. Add another quarter of the brownies, frost and candy cane again.

You can make it by cutting it in half, but quarters is easier to get out of the pan. if you want to do it in a long log shape then I suggest putting parchment paper down on the pan before baking to make it easier to get it out of the pan

************************************************************************************

Since I know someone will ask for it... here's the recipe for Creme de Menthe pie (aka grasshopper pie)

Grasshopper Pie

40 Marshmallows melted in 1 Cup milk. Stir until marshmallows are melted. Cool Whip 1 pint of "all purpose" cream then put 5 Tablespoons of creme de menthe in marshmallow stir. Then fold this into the whipped cream. Pour into pie crust.


Pie Crust

24 Oreo cookies roll and put into buttered pie plate and press down.

refrigerate the pie until it's "set"


Photobucket

5 comments:

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!