Well, the boys both slept well for my mother on Saturday night. But, now we are home and the sleep issues continue! Sunday night Colby woke up about 3:30am and had wet through his diaper... I had to change his diaper, his clothes and his sheet... yeah not fun. But, at least he fell right back to sleep once I got him back in bed. Last night Colby went down smoothly, but he woke up this morning at 5am. I was really tired so I brought him into bed with us, after trying to just give him his pacifier back. This is something we typically don't do but I was more concerned about him waking Blake than anything else. And, the fact that he fell asleep until 7am was a bonus.
Why was I concerned about him waking Blake... well Blake didn't sleep well at all. On Sunday night I noticed that Blake had chewed his last pacifer to shreds. I didn't want to give it to him and have him choke on the pieces. So I cut the bad part off and gave it to him. Well since we are still having the issue of not wanting to go to sleep in his own bed we knew the timing wasn't right, but I refuse to buy him any more pacifiers. Oh well... get everything done in one shot I guess! So Sunday night it took Blake about an hour to give in and go to sleep. Monday Blake did not nap at all. Last night he fell asleep after about 30 minutes. But, then he woke up screaming at 11:30pm. I went and checked on him and he was fine, but now we had to have another screaming fit to get back to sleep... ok we can deal with this (sort of). I let him work it out and calm himself down and went to move him. Well I guess he wasn't asleep enough because he was up and screaming again before I left the kitchen. At 2am I finally moved him back into his bed (no he wasn't screaming the whole time I just wanted to make sure he was sound asleep before moving him again).
So needless to say everyone is a bit tired today. I can only hope that Blake takes a nap today, but I'm not holding out hope. I put a flat sheet on his bed today and I'm going to try to tuck him in for nap time and see if that change will help. Nothing else seems to be working.