A Mess

The other day I purchased some blueberries and blackberries at the local Walmart grocery store, I've been buying them at our Publix and they've been super yummy. Well when I tasted the ones from Walmart I was super disappointed they tasted like they had been frozen... not what I spent my money on.

I decided to try to salvage them by baking with them. The boys had a great time helping me make a blueberry/blackberry bread.

Photobucket

They even helped clean the beaters... isn't that the best part of baking?
Photobucket

When we were done, Blake was concerned about the mess they had made. I have noticed that lately he has been more and more concerned about getting messy, and anyone who has followed this blog for a while should know that messes do not bother me. I looked at Blake and asked "did you have fun baking?" He replied... "oh yeah!" I said "It's easy to unmake a mess, but you can't undo the fun... and having fun is what is important."

After they went to bed I was thinking about the conversation with Blake, and it's so true... you can clean up the mess that is made while having fun, but you can't create fun that wasn't had.

Hope you have some fun today... even if it is messy

(on a side note... the bread came out... well not the best so it became critter food... oh well at least they had fun making it)

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Now I am thinking too! My two youngest have been so dirty these last few days - playing outside and having fun in the summer sun. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute picture of them working so hard. Sorry the bread didn't turn out that great...but the making it process is the fun part anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true and good for me to hear. I loathe messes and have a hard time letting my boys help too much when we bake.

    I should really get over that.

    Thanks Blake and Lori for the wise advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else I know got blueberries at Walmart and was disappointed. But you are so right, the fun is what makes it all worth it. Glad they had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy...I really need to follow your advice. I never let my boys help me bake because the mess drives me crazy...but they are missing out on lots of fun!

    Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! The mess is the best part and baking IS messy! What fun! Bummer it didn't turn out good though!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!