Jo Jo Potatoes

Photobucket

I love to try out new recipes no matter if they are ones I created in my head, ones I found on-line or in a  cookbook. Over the years, I have tried recipes from a lot of chefs, one who seems to match my cooking style is Rachael Ray. As a mother, you've got to appreciate the concept of a 30 Minute Meal! Rachael Ray often says that her recipes are just methods. She encourages her viewers to take her recipes and make them their own. I "Lori-ize" almost everything I cook, tailoring the recipe to my families taste. I decided to combine these two ideas and what you see here is the result. Each week I'll create a meal based on a recipe and let you know what we thought. I will give you the original recipe and let you know how I "Lori-ized" it.  Hope you enjoy Tasty Tuesday!

Photobucket

When I was a teenage I worked in a grocery store.  A restaurant near by made the best Jo Jo potatoes and I used to walk there on my break to buy them.  So when I saw this recipe for Jo Jo potatoes I had to try them.  Richard had never even heard of such a thing. 


Photobucket

I increased the seasoning to 1/2 tsp of all that called for 1/4 since we tend to like food with more of a kick!  Other than that I made them as called


Photobucket
Photobucket
I served them with a honey mustard turkey burger on a homemade french roll (yes these are the rolls the boys were putting an egg wash on in my Project 365 pictures)

Photobucket


Ok I admit it I put too much spice on something!  These were over seasoned.  I won't say they were hot but they were over seasoned.  The texture was perfect.  Richard and I ate them all so it's not like they were inedible.  Blake and Colby tried them, but both thought they were spicy. 

Photobucket

I will try these again, but next time either make to recipe or go with just the breading, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.  I think this might be one of those simpler is better recipes to me.



Photobucket

1 comment:

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!