1st day of pre-K

Blake has his first day of pre-k today. In Florida, all 4 year olds can go to pre-k for 3 hours a day for free. As a teacher this law made total sense to me. There are a lot of academic expectations put on kindergartners, so if you can get a year of pre-k for all children then the adjustment to full day kindergarten should be less. For Blake, it is just a continuation of the schooling he's had the last year and a half.

He was very excited to get in and interact with the new friends in his class.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I know he will do great this year. He loves to learn and going to school just fits into his life naturally. Colby is a bit bummed out that he isn't going to school too, but he will adjust as soon as we start going to the Y every day while Blake is at school.

Hope your kiddos have/had a great first day of school.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. My baby starts Kindergarten next week and I can hardly believe it! He is so excited and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an exciting time! Great photos :) And it will be nice to spend some alone time with Colby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I love that Florida does that! My 3-year-old son is starting school in a couple weeks. I hope it goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so happy! My son starts Kinder tomorrow, I just cannot believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so cute and totally ready for the big day.:) I love all the excitement a new school year brings.
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!