bits of this and that

I can't believe that October is almost over. I have so much to do to get ready for the weekend. Blake doesn't have school on Friday. Saturday is our last soccer game and we have a UCF football game. Then Monday is Halloween (as you know)

I signed up to do the last snack for soccer, so I need to figure out what I'm doing for the snack. I might make muffins, we will see. I need to make desert to bring tailgating. I was thinking of doing a Halloween treat, but then they moved their pink game (for breast cancer awareness) to this weekend since the last game it rained buckets and well almost no one went to the game. Then I signed up to bring cookies to Blake's Halloween party at school. Guess I'm going to be baking just a bit the next few days.

Last night I made a new pancake recipe. I've always been lazy and used the big yellow box mix, which is fine, but shocking since well I make a lot from scratch. The pancakes turned out really well. The boys enjoyed them. Blake devoured almost the whole batch. Colby ate a few too, but he was more into the bacon. I cooked a pound of bacon, put 3 slices in my omelet and Blake ate 1 slice. Colby polished off the rest of the pound. No wonder he also drank 3 glasses of milk and then two glasses of water.

The boys and I did two art projects yesterday too. I love the fact that they are both big into the holidays this year. They are talking about Halloween a lot, but they are also starting to talk about Christmas too. Quite often I'm having to read Christmas books now, and sing Christmas carols. I know the holidays will be a lot of fun for them.

I've been very good this year, I have not broken into the Halloween candy even though the bags are sitting on the dining room table. I'm back into working out 4-5 days a week. I love the routine this puts into my day. It also gives Colby more time with other kids and in a different structured environment. The weather has been nice here so the boys are playing outside a lot when they are home.

Ok this post is a bit of a ramble, but hey that's what was on my mind at the time. (o:


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I used to love doing projects with my kids...now they have art class at school & don't need mom :) I love the art they bring home for all the holidays. So fun! I have been working out daily since last fall & I feel great too. It is a nice time in my day too. HOpe you fit everything in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holidays are becoming much more enjoyable now that the kids are getting a little older! Homemade pancakes are the best :)
    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a ton of baking! You're good to do it. I had a KitKat meltdown today--ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not even bought candy for fear I'd eat it all and have to buy more! Love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!