Deck the Halls with lights and ornaments

What a busy few days! Ok it was a busy week. Blake had the week off from school. This was the first time in a few years that I've had Blake home for a whole week. Blake is very much a creature of habit, and the change was tough on him. But, it was all good.

Thursday we spend Thanksgiving with my family. The boys had a great time playing with my oldest nephew. There was good food, lots of laughs, a parade, some football and lots of fun.

Friday, Richard and I decided to go to the Y in the morning. Then we got all the Christmas stuff down out of the attic. I put away all the Thanksgiving decorations too. We then headed to UCF for the football game. Even though UCF won, but a LOT it was just and ok game.

Saturday, Richard had to work. His industry has a huge convention this week and he had to go set up the booth on Saturday. The boys and I went off to BJ's for Blake Friday sales... ok it was Saturday, but the coupons were still good. I then decided to get the house ready to put up all the Christmas stuff. I moved all the furniture out of the living room and vacuumed and shampooed the rug. Then moved all the furniture back in a different arrangement making room for the tree. The boys and I then went outside where I weeded the front flower beds and started putting out the outside lights. We then came back inside and put up all the decorations except the tree.

Sunday, we put up the tree. The boys helped me decorate it by putting all of their ornaments. They also helped put up some of the other ones too. We then went outside and finished the outside lights. Richard put the lights on the roof, while I put the lights on the palm trees.

So there you have our busy start of the holiday season weekend.

When do you deck the halls? In my family it was always the weekend after Thanksgiving and as you can see... I've continued that tradition!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Weeding the front garden and putting up Christmas decorations just doesn't seem to go together ;) Sounds like a busy weekend. It's a lot of work putting up all the xmas stuff, but it looks so good when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!