Home again

The holidays this year were a whirlwind of fun. We started on Friday and ended on Monday. We celebrated Christmas with my family on Friday. The boys had a blast playing with my nephews. We opened gifts, feasted on pot roast and ice cream cake and had lots of fun. All four boys went outside to play for a while before dinner and enjoyed playing cars together after dinner.

Saturday we had a quiet day together just the four of us. We watched the Polar Express, tracking Santa on Norad, packed and enjoyed baby back ribs for dinner.

Sunday we ended up having to wake the boys up around 7:30am. Richard and I really enjoyed that gift from the boys. I had woken up around 6:30 expecting to have already heard from the boys so when I could go back to sleep I was very shocked. The boys loved exploring their gifts from Santa. Santa doesn't wrap presents so they could explore as soon as they walked into the living room. We only had to open stockings. The boys loved playing with the cash register, the new Thomas tracks, and Blake really loved the new basketball net and youth size ball. Guess Santa knows the boys well.

After we had lunch we packed into the truck and drove 3.5 hours down to Richard's parents. We then went to Richard's aunt's house for Christmas with his extended family.

On Monday we celebrated our fourth and final Christmas with Richard's immediate family. We also spent time at the playground, taking canoe rides in the lake. The dogs got to play in the lake too, Abby went fishing for rocks and Dixie proved that she could do the doggie paddle. The boys actually played in the pool for a bit too, though most of us felt it was a bit cool for that.

It is so nice to be back home. Yesterday I spent doing laundry and putting away all the stuff that we got over the last few days. The boys have tried out some of their new toys and we've played a few of the new games.

Today we will have a quiet day for a change. That is why I actually had time to post. Tonight I'll try to edit the many pictures from this weekend and maybe think about changing the layout of my blog.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Enjoy these last few days of 2011... 2012 is just around the corner.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great but tiring weekend! I can't believe 2012 is almost here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!