All in one year

When we started 2010, we had Colby in diapers and Blake in pull-ups. Over the summer Blake began mastering the toilet and now stays dry overnight! He has been doing it for over a month and we finally said... enough pull-ups for you. In the beginning of November we began sitting Colby on the toilet when he woke up in the morning, before bath time and before bed. He had totally understood the concept. Yesterday I decide... ok it's time. We spent the morning going to the bathroom every 10 minutes and jumping for joy when I caught the right time and changing about 10 pairs of soiled underwear. Things got better in the afternoon.

Today went surprisingly smoothly. We only had one pee accident and 2 poop accidents, but I was VERY happy. We are going a lot longer between bathroom trips and aren't even using the timer anymore. He has yet to ask to pee on his own, but is very aware of what is going on, so I suspect that will come soon. We are not having to reward him the same way we did Blake, but I think the age difference has a lot to do with that.

So it looks like we will end 2010 with two boys wearing underwear. Colby will wear a pull-up to bed for a while and probably to run errans until I know he has totally mastered it. But, I look at this as a pay raise for me. Yes, I know I don't actually get a pay check, but I'm now saving the family a lot of money not having to buy diapers and so many pull-ups!

Hope the end of 2010 is better than the beginning in your family. I can only hope that my 2011 is a ton better than 2010, not sure I could handle another 2010.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That is the best New Year's gift EVER! And yes, if 2011 isn't better, well, it just better be that's all. You guys had way too much sickness this past year, ENOUGH!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped on by to see your Year in Review and saw this post. What great news. My daughter is 2 1/2 and just today started going potty. It is such an accomplishment and she is so proud of herself. She was actually catching herself toward the end of the day (after quite a few accidents during the day, when she got so upset). I'm sure your boy is too.

    Have a blessed New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! I loved getting the girls into undies. Cheaper, yes and so much cuter!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments on my pages. Please share your thoughts and stories here!